I'm in love. Well, almost. Spent last Saturday night at the movies making the acquaintance of Daniel Craig aka the sexiest man alive aka James Bond. I've never been a Bond fan - Sean Connerry was... well, too Sean Connerry to be Bond, George Lazenby was strange, Roger Moore was too much of a playboy, Timothy Dalton was just not Bond and Pierce Brosnan made Bond too much like Remington Steele. But Daniel Craig - ahhhhhh... the man was born to be Bond.
The first few minutes have you wondering just what the director was thinking of; who's this guy they've found, he has no looks to speak of, no charm, no personality, no eyelashes, nothing! And then he launches into that chase. I don't know how long it lasted but I do know that about ten seconds into the chase I'd changed all my preconceived notions about him and Bond.
Did Daniel Craig redefine Bond? I don't think so. He just brought to life the Bnd that Ian Fleming had written about. The Bond who had skills no one else did, who thought and moved with lightning speed, who could face the worst enemy and come away walking - or at least limping, who charmed the girl and took her to bedand who is just the guy that all women want. I'm sure he'd be able to open the stuck jam jar lid without batting an eyelid and would have killed the burglar who broke in to your house even before you started to say 'Honey, I think I hear a noise downstairs'; just the kind of guy you need at the breakfast table and in bed with you.
The first few minutes have you wondering just what the director was thinking of; who's this guy they've found, he has no looks to speak of, no charm, no personality, no eyelashes, nothing! And then he launches into that chase. I don't know how long it lasted but I do know that about ten seconds into the chase I'd changed all my preconceived notions about him and Bond.
Did Daniel Craig redefine Bond? I don't think so. He just brought to life the Bnd that Ian Fleming had written about. The Bond who had skills no one else did, who thought and moved with lightning speed, who could face the worst enemy and come away walking - or at least limping, who charmed the girl and took her to bedand who is just the guy that all women want. I'm sure he'd be able to open the stuck jam jar lid without batting an eyelid and would have killed the burglar who broke in to your house even before you started to say 'Honey, I think I hear a noise downstairs'; just the kind of guy you need at the breakfast table and in bed with you.
Oh yes, while Daniel Craig is James Bond, I'm the spy's no:1 fan!
7 comments:
hhmm.. u know, i have never been a bond fan.. but the funny thing is, i have watched all movies... just that i never followed it like a series or never waited for the next one and never really cared who played bond.... nyway, am yet to see the new one, and i guess im gonna wait till it hits dvd.
Watch this one when you get the chance. It's different.
Totally totally agree with you. Did not like the other Bonds all that much, hated Pierce Brosnan the most. But this guy, he's too good! The dry humour, the arrogance ... (gulp) think i need a glass o' water!
@jimmy
Yes... he made it a pleasure to watch the movie.
Oh yes and yes! I had the same reaction.
I lust for Daniel Craig every day.
@me
Yeahhhhhh!!!
You know that scene in the movie Elizabeth, where he walks down the corridor towards the queen, with his cloak billowing behind him? That's when I first lusted after him. He moves so smoothly and so surely that you just know the guy is worth lusting after,
*nodding head vigourously* I agree, I agree....
Post a Comment