shaded by trees
becomes our retreat
the noonday sun
filters through the leaves
turning our bower
into a green-tinged grotto
a boat on the water
floats with the current
nestling us snugly
while you read a book
and i read you
This was one of the happiest days of my life. Falling in love for the very first time tends to have that effect on one. I couldn't take my eyes off his face and my book lay at the bottom of the boat, unread. It was the first time that a man was more interesting than the book I was reading. And he was the only one who has ever had that particular effect on me:-)
6 comments:
i think this topic deserves a full detailed post :)
Hey, this is a great poem and I just wanted to let you know I have enjoyed reading over your work. I'll definitely be back!
@Mac - Naah buddy. sometimes when it is understated, the effect is far more powerful..but yes, it wd be interesting though :-))
@3inone - give us more!! and who is the speaker? Were u readin the book? or was it him? coz ur note says that u were readin the book..just wondering.. I liked the last 2 lines :-)
@mac
yup, there'll be a detailed post.
@shain
in this one, i'm the speaker. my book was left unread, because i found something more interesting to read. the 'speakee', not realising this, continued to read his book.. for some time, at least:-)
@biotress
that's good to know. thanks.
@rohan
the relationship ended.
sometimes even i wonder where the angst is:-)
hehe on this post!
Just came into your blog and read your most recent. I was bewildered.
17? This blogger is only 17?
Love your poetry!
@ATM
Thanks!!
Sorry - the most recent post is a flash back to my teens!
Post a Comment