Wednesday, May 30, 2007

This was fun

Saw this on Mac's blog first, and then yesterday A Thuth Bruth put it up too. Thought I'd try it out. It's fun.

Have you ever...

1. Smoked a cigarette?: Yes. The first time was awful. I threw up. The second time was on a train to Chennai. A childhood friend who was supposedly "looking after his father's friend's young innocent daughter on her ownsome lonesome" spent half the night teaching me how to inhale without coughing. I do not smoke now. I do not like smoking. And I would have to like anyone a great deal to put up with them smoking anywhere near me.

2. Crashed a friend's car?: N....o....... but it's not for want of trying. My guardian angel just works overtime. And of course, like Mac, I do not have a license yet This is a good thing. It stops me from going out and crashing friends' cars.

3. Stolen a car?: Hee heee no. But have helped steal a No Parking sign.

4. Been in love?: You bet!

5. Been dumped?: Oh yes. It was the best thing that happened to me.

6. Shoplifted?: Hmmmm.... not sure this counts, but it involved a friend of mine, a handful of stolen peanuts, and a cop on a horse chasing me. And no, it was not a wild dream I had.

7. Been in a fist fight?: Not that I remember. And I would if I had been in one, wouldn't I? Wouldn't I?

8. Sneaked out of your parent's house?: Never needed to.

9. Had feelings for someone who didn't have them back?: Yes. Oh boy, this one was fun, Really. In retrospect.

10. Been arrested?: Well, there was the Jethro Tull concert, where we escaped by crawling under the stands. Then there was the time that my friend had to pay the cops a couple of grand. But no, not been arrested yet. Wouldn't want to be.

11. Gone on a blind date?: Kind of. Never again. Ever!,

12. Skipped school?: No chance. Sisters Fortunata, Emerentia, Antonia and Anasthesia were too strict to allow that

13. Been on a plane?: Yes.

14. Seen someone die?: Yes. My great-uncle. I watched through the window. I was a ghoulish child I think.

15. Purposely set a part of yourself on fire?: Yes. My hair and my nail. It was a stupid thing to do. And it smelt awful.

16. Been jet-skiing?: (looks all around) Oh you're asking me? No. No way.

17. Met someone in person from the Internet?: Shain-man and the Jujube for starters. Mac, Rama, Seena and Me somewhere along the way, I hope.

18. Taken pain killers?: Yes.Try not to.

19. Flown a kite?: Yes,loved it.

20. Built a sand castle?: Yeeeessssss.....

21. Gone puddle jumping?: With my grandfather. This deserves its own post.

22. Cheated while playing a game?: Heh heh.

23. Been lonely?: Gosh no. Been alone but am happy with myself.

24. Fallen asleep at work or school/college?: Yes. fell off a chair at a conference and pretended the chair had broken.

25. Used a fake ID?: No. Unlikely to ever do this.

26. Felt an earthquake?: Yes, Thought I was having a hypertensive crisis.

27. Touched a snake?: No, I have never touched a snake. My mom has, though.

28. Slept beneath the stars?: Not much sleeping happened, but yes, many times, the last time not long ago.

29. Been robbed?: Yes.

30. Been misunderstood?: Well, there was this one time when I sent a card with the words " Could you lend me a kiss? I'll return it with interest." And was treated to a lecture on my frivolity and total lack of understanding on the seriousness of borrowing, lending and interest, by the receiver. You can't get more misunderstood than that.

31. Won a contest?: Competitions and exams, any number. Lucky draw contests, never.

32. Run a red light/stop sign?: Refer answer 2.

33. Been suspended from school?: No, never even came close.

34.Been in a car accident?: Which one do you pick? The one where the tanker lorry crashed into the jeep, or the one where my Kinetic and I made friends with the copper pod tree in the front yard or the one where a Maruti Gypsy nudged my cousin's scooter at the stop sign and my cousin didn't realise i had fallen off the pillion into the path of an oncoming bus?

35. Eaten a whole pint of ice cream in one night?: No idea how much ice cream is there in a pint but have managed more than a litre at one sitting.

36. Walked the streets drunk?: Yes. And climbed the median on Mount Road too.

37. Had déjà vu?: Yes. Yes. Yes. Not very pleasant sometimes.

38. Danced in the moonlight?: Yes. When I wasn't sleeping under the stars...

39. Witnessed a crime?: Yes. And I don't want to think about it, let alone write about it.

40. Squished barefoot through the mud?: Yes. When it's clean mud I like it. Otherwise YUCK.

41. Been lost?: Metaphorically, yes.

42. Been on the opposite side of the country?: Opposite is a relative term. But I guess, yes!

43. Swum in the ocean?: Played in the ocean. Swum? No.

44. Cried yourself to sleep?: Sob Sob Sniffle Sniffle Snore. Many times.

45. Played cops and robbers?: Many times.

46. Recently coloured with crayons?: No. But would love to. Love colouring books and crayons especially if it has Pooh and Piglet.

47. Sung karaoke?: No, I'm too young to die.

48. Paid for a meal with only coins?: Yes. About ten of us took up a collection one Sunday morning and went for breakfast. And then walked back to hostel from Woody's because we couldn't afford the bus fare.

49. Done something you told yourself you wouldn't?: Oh yes. It was worth it.

50. Made prank phone calls?: Oooooh yes!

51. Caught a snow flake on your tongue?: No,never seen snow.

52. Written a letter to Santa Claus?: No. At our house, Santa Claus was a myth. A nice myth, but a myth.

53. Blown bubbles?: Yes, and I love blowing them

54. Bonfire on the beach?: Yes. In earlier and younger times, the prelude to the moonlit dancing and sleeping under the stars.

55. Cheated on a test?: Yes. This deserves its own post.

56. Gone skinny-dipping in a pool?: In a pool, not that I remember. In a river, yes. I was all of two years and someone took a photograph(thankfully now destroyed by 'accident') .

6 comments:

Macabreday said...

the kiss/intrest thing was funny..haa. i can imagine :)
and am wondering what crime was it that u watched? LOL...hope it wasnt murder

Anonymous said...

gets a bit tedious, no? 56 things, ouch

Everyman said...

You walked drunk on Mount Road????!!! and climbed the median while at it?!!!! Woah!!! I've not done that!!! Way to Go!!!

This is a good tag..me should do it now...mebbe this is my next post!

Fireflies said...

nice tag... i would do it, only to realise i haven't done anything that exciting!

3inone said...

@mac
:-) Yes, a budding banker and thus the preference for the fiscal over the physical.

@rama
But oh the memories it brought back. Sitting on the bogey steps, puffing on my third cigarette without coughing, watching orion move across the skies over Tamil Nadu.

@everyman
I think I forgot to add that it was at 2am in the morning. Another great memory.

We had to cross the median cos the car was parked on the other side of the road and we weren't sure we'd find it if we wandered further away.

@fireflies
heh heh. all of us think our lives are boring. am sure the rest of us would love to hear your memories.

amna said...

Hehe,, had fun reading this :)