Friday, October 19, 2007

What I learnt today

Here's what I learnt today.
1. When you're new to a city, and your cab driver is also new to the city, and you're both trying to find a house which neither of you knows how to find, it helps if you laugh. No, no, no. Not the crazy maniacal laughter that signals your desire to kill someone, anyone (there was some of that too), but the oh-look-at-me-I-am-all-grown-up-and-mature-and-know-how-to-tackle-these-things-calmly-and-ha-ha-to-see-the-lighter-side-of-all-things kind of laughter. It also helps if the person whose house you are trying to find has some clear idea where they live.
2. If you want to have lights on in your home, and have a cold drink when you get home, and watch TV, and bathe in hot water (all of which I want), it helps if the previous tenant has paid the electricity bill.
3. If you have had a hard day where you have lost your way and lost your lights, you are looking for an excuse to also lose your temper. It helps if the waiter at the restaurant you are having dinner at treats you politely. Helps him, I mean.
Quite a day. Quite a lot of learning.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

:) instructive

hillgrandmom said...

was in Bangalore over the weekend, staying in Koramangala. Thought of you.

Me said...

Hugs,

Hope the week gets better!

Everyman said...

hahah...awww 3inone...thats really good to hear!!:-)))

TS said...

No fair.

Pay bill. Play violent video games.

Anonymous said...

Hi....am moving to Bangalore next month. Joining Deccan Herald as a reporter. It'll we good to meet you.
But I don't know your real name...