Friday, July 04, 2008

In camera

I need a camera. You know, one of those things that you point at people and shoot their pictures with. Before any of you decided to point it out, yes, I know it's not difficult to get one of them. But, and I tell you this in deepest confidence, I have convinced myself that I'm not tech savvy and therefore will definitely push the one button or twirl the one knob which will cause the camera to self-destruct, blowing me up along with it.
This is what led to this:
Me, sauntering down Brigade Road talking to myself (I do this a lot, talking to myself, I mean. Not sauntering down Brigade Road alone.) Oh there's a shop which sells cameras. Maybe I should buy one. Hmmm. Maybe I should go in there and look at them. (And so, in I go)
The salesman takes in my posture (one foot out of the shop) and correctly deduces that he's got half a second to grab me and my attention. He goes about this by lining up a whole line of cameras on the counter, talking nineteen to the dozen about features and apertures and exposures, scaring me into bolting right out of the shop and pelting down the pavement.
So here I am, without a camera. And I do need one.

8 comments:

hillgrandmom said...

You could try a camera phone first. Can't go wrong with that.

Anonymous said...

Nice post. I share your fears :O)

Macabreday said...

hey i have an unused one. u want? :P

iz said...

I have a Nikon S7 tha I'm damn happy with. takes amazing high-res pictures, is extremely user-friendly and costs about 14 k. Hope that helps

iz said...

I have a Nikon S7 tha I'm damn happy with. takes amazing high-res pictures, is extremely user-friendly and costs about 14 k. Hope that helps

Dotm said...

I would feel lost without one of my three cameras with me at family doings. But, must admit that I wonder what the family will do with the many many pictures I have collected over the years. Just this last month alone, I took pictures at 2 grandsons graduation parties, of a new great grandson, a niece Wedding, and next Saturday will be our large family picnic with more picture taking.
Good luck getting a camera.

Dotm said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving your kind thought and prayers for my brother. He can use all the prayers he can get. I do appreciate it.
Thank you.

Macabreday said...

u have a tag.....
please do no? :P