Monday, February 06, 2012

Of pies and squares

My nephew was at home yesterday and spent most of the day studying about circles. My father helped him by asking him questions from out of the blue. Never having listened in Math class, I don't understand a word of what's going on. (You don't know this, but right now there is a pause in my typing because I'm searching for the symbol for Pi.) I wasn't really listening to them, but when I heard r2" a snippet of rhyme that I had heard many years ago came back to me.

Pie are square?
Pie are not square
Pie are round.
Cornbread are square.

Of course, now I want to bake and eat a pie.
One that looks like this.

Image courtsey: Star Sapphire Handmade

4 comments:

hillgrandmom said...

Cool pie!

flowergirl said...

oooh, yum!

Everyman said...

Aaah...lovely one..never thought of the fact that they weren't square..never mind the wrong grammar!!!

CuppajavaMattiz said...

Good one!