I have hypertension. There, I said it out loud!!! You have no idea how scared I've been ever since this was detected. It all started because of a scare about having breast cancer, which it turns out, I do not have. This is the second time in my life that I have panicked about the big C. But both times, it was with reason. I'm just lucky I guess that it turned out to be something far more mundane which could be ignored.
However, the visit to the doc, which I'd been putting off for years, meant that I can't ignore either the BP or the weight. The good news is that all the blood tests and stuff came back normal. Whew!! My biggest worry there was that I had diabetes - I'm not deeply into sweets, but let someone tell me I can't have something and the said thing suddenly becomes the most attractive thing in the world. I worry about that. When the test for blood sugar came back normal, I worried about the creatinine, I worried about the blood urea, I worried about the tests and I worried about worrying about the tests - no wonder my BP was shooting up .
I worry unnecessarily, this is a character trait. I can worry so much that I make something bad happen. Well, as they say tomorrow is another day, hopefully a worry-free day for me and for all of you out there.
However, the visit to the doc, which I'd been putting off for years, meant that I can't ignore either the BP or the weight. The good news is that all the blood tests and stuff came back normal. Whew!! My biggest worry there was that I had diabetes - I'm not deeply into sweets, but let someone tell me I can't have something and the said thing suddenly becomes the most attractive thing in the world. I worry about that. When the test for blood sugar came back normal, I worried about the creatinine, I worried about the blood urea, I worried about the tests and I worried about worrying about the tests - no wonder my BP was shooting up .
I worry unnecessarily, this is a character trait. I can worry so much that I make something bad happen. Well, as they say tomorrow is another day, hopefully a worry-free day for me and for all of you out there.
1 comment:
Dont we all worry too much ? Some people just get worried about small stuff...I would get worried if a girl I knew for two weeks, and shared a platonic relationship with , was taking a bus or rik at 10pm...
we all have our own worries..And I think i need a visit to the doc really soon...to check on the C
Post a Comment