Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Laughing at oneself

How I envy the cool chaps who manage to crack jokes all over the place and make everyone laugh. This is something I just cannot do. Every time I tell a joke it falls flat, not just on its face but it does somersaults and the really pathetic ones even try out a couple of pirouettes before actually bfreaking their noses. And I look at guys who manage to make people scream with laughter just by walking into a room and I turn an extremely unpleasant shade of green inside. Well, think about it, jealousy is an unpleasant emotion, so shouldn't you expect it to be a poisonous colour?
The other thing is that I find it so difficult to laugh at myself. I have this friend or maybe I should say had, because he ain't around in my life any more, his favourite occupation when he was around me was teasing me. I tried telling him at the beginning that if he was going to tease me, then he had better be prepared for the explosions. I don't think he was. I'm neurotic enough on my own where relationships are concerned, so the net result was that the sparks flew and whatever connection we had was burnt to a cinder. If only I had learned not to take things seriously....

1 comment:

Yasser Rahman said...

We all make mistakes...never to late to correct them most of the time :) You could always give the friend a call :)

But yeah, i have that issue as well..I cant seem to come up with something that makes everyone laugh.. But I think my sense of humor is unique ;) Wishfull hay?