Monday, January 22, 2007

It ain't a fling....

My life's just not a fling right now. It's a series of days when I thank god that each day has come to an uneventful end and I pray that the next day passes off peacefully too.
My mother has been ill for a couple of weeks now. Last week it became critical enough for us to rush her to hospital. It wasn't easy but we managed. She had to be on oxygen for a few days and that seemed to bring down her distress considerably. She's weak now, and though we are at home and she's comfortable, it's still a worrying time.
My sister had come down to help and she was here for a week. I don't know what I'd have done without her. When she left this evening, I felt so alone. I couldn't help but wonder how single children manage to weather emotional storms like this all on their lonesome. For all of you out there who manage situations like these on your own, here's a prayer from my heart that all of you keep smiling and come through every difficult day safely.

4 comments:

Macabreday said...

hey...i hope ur mom gets better, and im sure she feels lucky that u r there with her.

3inone said...

Thanks.
How was your trip?

Dex said...

Yo, things are going to get better... take my word for it. And meanwhile, we could count our blessings.
Tis been a long time, indeed :)

3inone said...

hey jimmy, thanks! yeah we should count our blessings
:-)

sorry I disappeared guys, what with holidaying and xmasing and working etc, i was just swinging by blogworld casually. Will rectify with a long post soonest!