Sunday, January 28, 2007

Moods - good and bad

A long time ago, my first boss told me during a performance review that I was prone to dark moods. I didn't think so, but in all fairness to him, I was in a deep funk that year and had been taking it out on people, mostly him. These days, my boss tells me that I am so unfailingly cheerful, no matter what is going on around me that he marvels at my capacity for brightness. ( Boy, do i sound irritating!) Actually, I try to be cheerful most of the time, no matter what, but believe me, sometimes there's nothing so gloriously uplifting as sinking deep into a sulk.
Early in the mornings, before my coffee, I love to be silent and grouchy. My family knows this, and all of them, without exception keep good mornings and slept wells? to a bare minimum while I stumble with my eyes closed to the kitchen and gulp down my first mouthful of coffee. That's all it takes though, to clear the clouds, so I guess I'm probably more a coffee addict than a morning grouch.
In fact, not too many things can put me in a low mood these days so that's a good thing. I find it's easier to be happy and tolerant. It's a selfish attittude, actually because it makes me, and my life much nicer. On the whole, for all the self-indulgent luxury of a good sulk, I find that I prefer myself in a good mood. So that's what I'm going to try for this year, to kep smiling through the year, come rain,(which is easy because I love rain) come shine, come anything!
:-) Good night and good moods, all!!

4 comments:

Dex said...

You had been taking it out on your boss? I though it generally works the other way round ...especially for me :)
But you are right about being cheerful, so there ... I am going to try shedding the grouchier side of me too!

3inone said...

well, he got his own back by taking it out on my performance appraisal. hard lesson learnt well!!!
Was in Bglr on Saturday. Found it cold and everyone I said this to looked atme as if I was crazy.

Macabreday said...

its nice to have a balance yea...for every 10 minutes of good mood there has to be atleast 2 minutes of bad mood :) afterall, we all need to let it out, dont we?

3inone said...

@mac,
Yeah, i agree. what i'm trying is to make sure it isn't the other way, with the good turning up one-fifths of the time :-)