just a straw
an ordinary straw
dull yellow lank and long
nothing to write home about
just another straw
yet
it was i who broke the camel's back.
(Wrote this one many long years ago. And today as I started this post, there it was, running through all hundred thousand neurons, demanding that I type it out. I acquiesced. Come on, it broke the camel's back, what chance does my poor benighted brain stand?)
4 comments:
Many long years you were writing stuff like this? You could give Eliot a run for his money!
And I'm not suprised they were looking at you like that... it's starting to get as hot as an oven around here in Bangalore ;)
@jimmy
:-)thaaanks!
that's a compliment i'll treasure.
now thats a poem i can understand! Good one..and short too! Jimmy shd know a thing or two abt good poetry..he is one himself..though a tad depressing usually!
@shain
thanks. it's a good feeling when someone says they like a poem i write. feels like i would if one of my kids, if i had any, got the general proficiency award at school!!!
Post a Comment