everyone is asking
what it is i am doing
always always sitting
on computer typing
so busy working?
doorbell is buzzing
and phonebell ringing
not buzzing
all sorts of sounds i am hearing
around me everything moving
but i am sitting sitting
at computer typing
so busy working.
mother is telling
servant is arriving
little late but coming
gardener is not working
everytime with driver chatting
what to do i am not knowing
still i am sitting sitting
at computer typing
so busy working.
ironing boy is also talking
into mobile he is shouting
only two more shirts i am finishing
now in two minutes i am bringing
father is laughing
tells world so modern becoming
i am also laughing
as i am sitting sitting
at computer typing
so busy working.
in kitchen fish is frying
other things cooking
soon lunch will be waiting
everyone will be asking
what it is i am doing
always always sitting
on computer typing
so busy working?
(I just love sunday mornings, don't you?)
10 comments:
u seem to be in a very poetic mood these days.......or were u always? :)
It's a phase. Bear with me. Will come back to my normal prosaic self soon:)
@Mac - Was Just abt to say the same thing buddy, but then i realised that I started frequentin this blog just recently :-DD
@3inone - but he's true you know..last 3 posts have been poems..hmmm..this one reminds me of Nissim Ezekiel's 'Patriot' the same 'ing' endings...and the Indian way of speaking, just like if we are talking, but yes..now i even am wondering, what it is i am also doing..:)
:-) Okay, I like writing poems. Tell you something, I started this blog with a poem:-)But I like writing anything.
Yeah it has echoes of The Patriot. I realised that while I was writing it. I'd spent half of saturday with someone who 'ing'ed me to death and I guess it just overwhelmed me.
Who knows, maybe I'll get out of the poem phase soon...
hey i didnt mean u had to go back to the usual......!!
im loving this too :)
@mac and shain,
Whew! Deep sigh of relief. You guys have no idea just how good you are for me.
There shall be poems, there shall be prose, there shall be anecdotes or whatever. Just be around to read it:-)
anytime! Anything to encourage a fellow blogger and a poet that too!!
this is my favourite!!!!!!
hello my thuth bruth,
it is nice to see you popping up with comments.
Beautiful. This is one I could read over and over (and well, I have)!
Post a Comment