Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Autumn leaf

lazily it turns
it curls
and falls
strands of twisted air
a strangling fire
follow it down
stained brown
sometimes yellow
green too
all tinged with gray
the death of a leaf
makes ashes of thoughts.

6 comments:

Butterfly said...

aint nver been much into well crafted poetry...

but frm wt i get... if u r traying to draw a parallel to life... den its gr8 to c so much being said in such few words!

Dex said...

This one's about an autumn leaf, right? But what did the last line mean ("Makes ashes of thoughts"?

Butterfly said...

@ jimmy: i think here leaf stand for a lot more than just being an autumn leaf

Dex said...

Hi! I have created an Orkut community called MCC bloggers and sent a badly-worded invitation to all of you whom I know about.
Don’t know if I had the right idea, but do let me know what you think about it .... like, is it a good thing or bad.
I haven’t put anything in the community space yet, so don’t get turned off by the sight of it :)

Sending the same message to Shain and Div :)

Dex said...

@ Life Happens: Oh... I'm quite bad at poetry interpretation (all my professors from college will vouch for this). But I do recognise good poetry when i see it :)

3inone said...

@life
yes, it's a whole lot more than just a leaf. glad you liked it.
@jimmy
'ashes of thoughts' was the pointer to the fact that the autumn leaf was a metaphor to the death of everything.
That MCC blogger community - good idea!!