Birthday's are funny things. They're supposed to make you feel one year older, but in my case, they end up making me feel about four years old. As my youngest niece keeps telling me, I'm good at deceiving myself. But the nicest thing about today (other than all the food I am going to hog at lunch today) is that it suddenly dawned on me that there are so many people in my life who remember my birthday. Makes me feel special, really.
And today, my oldest friend sent me a forward, which unlike most forwards, really captures the essence of our friendship. This friend is someone who has laughed, cried, shared teenage angst, shared grown up troubles and joys, and grown up with me. I thought the mail she sent was a perfect birthday read, and would like to share it with all of you.
A different friendship poem:
1. When you are sad -- I will help you get drunk and plot revenge against the sorry bastard who made you sad.
2. When you are blue -- I will try to dislodge what ever is choking you.
3. When you smile -- I will know you finally got laid.
4. When you are scared -- I will rag on you about it every chance I get.
5. When you are worried -- I will tell you horrible stories about how much worse it could be until you quit whining.
6. When you are confused -- I will use little words.
7. When you are sick -- Stay the hell away from me until you are well again. I don't want whatever you have.
8. When you fall -- I will point and laugh at your clumsy ass.
9. This is my oath..... I pledge it to the end. "Why?" you may ask; "because you are my friend".

And always remember....
when life hands you Lemons,
ask for tequila and salt
and call me over !!!!!
And today, my oldest friend sent me a forward, which unlike most forwards, really captures the essence of our friendship. This friend is someone who has laughed, cried, shared teenage angst, shared grown up troubles and joys, and grown up with me. I thought the mail she sent was a perfect birthday read, and would like to share it with all of you.
A different friendship poem:
1. When you are sad -- I will help you get drunk and plot revenge against the sorry bastard who made you sad.
2. When you are blue -- I will try to dislodge what ever is choking you.
3. When you smile -- I will know you finally got laid.
4. When you are scared -- I will rag on you about it every chance I get.
5. When you are worried -- I will tell you horrible stories about how much worse it could be until you quit whining.
6. When you are confused -- I will use little words.
7. When you are sick -- Stay the hell away from me until you are well again. I don't want whatever you have.
8. When you fall -- I will point and laugh at your clumsy ass.
9. This is my oath..... I pledge it to the end. "Why?" you may ask; "because you are my friend".

And always remember....
when life hands you Lemons,
ask for tequila and salt
and call me over !!!!!
16 comments:
if i've not misinterpreted....today is ur b'day
wish u many happy returns of the day...njoy :-)
Happy Birthday, Liz! Happy Birthday! I remembered!! (Of course, with a little help from your post...heee!)
The poem was whacky but sweet... just the kind I like!
So, what you gonna do besides hog food? You'll be blowing out the candles, na?
@sara
Thanks!!
@Jimmy
So far, the day's been awesome. Blew out candles in the morning at home and blew out candles in the afternoon cos my friends held a party. Waiting to see what the evening holds:-)Hopefully a few orange moments - the expensive kind!!!
Happy Birthday 3inone. I love that fwd and I hope you have the best birthday without feeling a day older :)
Hey Liz!!! Have a great day today!! Many happy returns of the day.Janmadina aashamsagal!!! That's a really good friend u have :-D ..Do remember me too when life hands u lemons the next time..i could use a tequila too :)
Wow, sounds like fun... What did you wish for while blowing out the candles? And how about mailing me a slice from your cake :P
Sorry I didn't reply on Gmail chat. I had moved on to another computer in office, forgetting to log out...
Pity... would have loved to wish you in person!! :(
hope u had a great day
and hey.. keep smiling :-) haaa
@me
thanks.
I did have an awesome awesome day. it's been one cake after the other today :-)
@Shain
Thanks.
you bet. everyone's welcome o bring their lemons to te tequila party.
@Jim
You were in the office? at half past midnight? ohmygod!
and i thot i was a workaholic.
And why did you think i buzed you - was trying to file transfer the last piece of cake:-)
@mac
yeah was a great day!
closed it off watching U-571.
Hey happy bday, have a gr8 day, n may u have good food to hog all thru d yr!
Aww. What a pity I had to miss out on that cake!
Alcoholic, maybe... but me a workaholic??! Naah naah... I work 8 pm to 3 am shifts. A midnight journalist, remember?
Belated Bday wishes man..
and this is really cool fwd ur pal sent ya..I was almost laughing and sayin in ma mind " how fuckin True.."!
hey belated happy birthday. enjoyed the fwd. but i usually end up having awful birthdays. glad some ppl manage to enjoy
@life
thanks and i did!! my friends hogged with me:-)
@mind
thanks. drop by again
@rohan
Thankee kind sir :-)
Heh heh - there are enough references to my aged state in earlier posts.
@rama
thanks.
hey, having a great bday is simple. You wake up in the morning and tell yourself it's a great day and from there on the day takes on a life of its own.
I'm late, but HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Loved the poem and the "When life gives you lemons..." quote. I'm going to write that one down.
;-)
@Pam,
Thanks a lot.
Yeah me too - just loved the bit about the lemons:-)
Post a Comment