Thursday, May 10, 2007

One day in March

Here's a tag I found on Pam's blog. I had such a lovely time doing it.
If anyone wants to, go to wikipedia, type in your birth date and do as I did.

Three events that happened on March 30th
240 BC - 1st recorded perihelion passage of Halley's Comet.
1533 - Thomas Cranmer becomes Archbishop of Canterbury.
1842 - Anesthesia is used for the first time in an operation by Dr. Crawford Long.
I guess I should have become an astronomer, a nun, or a surgeon.

Two famous persons born on March 30th
1746 - Francisco Goya, Spanish painter (d. 1828)
1853 - Vincent van Gogh, Dutch painter (d. 1890)
I should have been a painter, I would have been a painter, if only I had the talent.

One famous person who died on March 30th
2004 - Alistair Cooke, English-born journalist (b. 1908)
A journalist? I could have been. Maybe.

Doing this tag, sent me into a daydream, where I became someone different every second. It was fun.

Everyone who wants to do this is tagged.

9 comments:

Pam said...

It was fun to read your results - your birthday seemed far more interesting than mine!

Macabreday said...

hey..this is great....i badly want to do this, but im going to hold back..i think it will makse sense to do it on my birthday, which is and eventfilled day and still a long way off...!! but ill do it for sure.

Everyman said...

That was one lucky patient who got operated on the day you were born..imagine all the poor souls who got operated on before that! No anaesthesia, just a lot of brandy :-D

Will check this one out too..so many tags to do!

Dex said...

@ 3inOne: I missed sharing Jesus Christ's birthday by a day! And Vajpayee's :)

@ Shain: Brandy sounds good...

3inone said...

@Pam
Other people born on my b'day had interesting lives:)

@mac
Ha!!! I KNOW when your birthday is!! Think it's the first post of yours I read.

@rohan
:) Great!! So that's one sure wish.


@Shain
I echo the jujube. Brandy sounds good!!

@the jujube
Heh heh, and you get a single combined gift for your birthday and Christmas. Poor jujube.

Anonymous said...

hey!
i remember wishing you.
and if next yr is anything like 2007 you will post something to remind us, absentminded ppl, about the big day :D
i did this tag and the results are so uninspiring that i'm not going to subject my blog to it

3inone said...

@rama
:) Yeah I know. Shameless, aren't I?

Me said...

Belated Happy Birthday 3inone!!!

amna said...

hehe nice one.. me did the same :)