Someone blogrolled me.
I'm horrified. Truly. Horrified, aghast, dismayed, stunned and distressed.
Why, I hear you ask.
Because the someone blogrolled me with a comment that my blog has "campy, cheesy humour".
campy adj. Having deliberately artificial, vulgar, banal, or affectedly humorous qualities or style.
cheesy adj. of very poor quality; flimsy.
So there's my dear blog (I'm quite fond of it) being described as being funny but of very poor quality and humorous in an artificial, vulgar, banal or affected way.
Sigh. Deep sigh.
I'm devastated.
I may never write again.
14 comments:
:)
nOOOOOoooo
because it could mean campy in like a 'rocky horror picture show' which was kind of uniquely funny in a bizarre way
And
cheesy like ghost film cheesy - like cheesy comfortable, lovey dovey cheesy types.
So you are just unique and weird and cheesy like comfortable cheesy, with nice emotions
What say you?
Who is this rascal? Let us go spam him! ! !
Hey!!!!!!!!!
why bother about these dear...
be optimist...take away the positive sence of the comment.
should ignore the negatives if they don't help u grow.
someone said, ur heart is free...have the courage to follow it :-)
and above all....pls don't disappoint us, ur readers...
waiting for ur next post :-)
with luv
who is this jerk?
i think he should kill his blog, coz he doesn't know his english.
(very interesting that we all think it is a he)
Aww...it's neither 3inone..i think that she meant it in a very positive manner :-)
But who is she?? U shd provide a link! u always do!!!
@hgm
:)
@me
bizzare is good. i like bizzare. i like lovey dovey also.
@everyone
:-) thanks people. i promise not be wilting-flower-writer-diva who needs reassurance all the time.
@the someone who blogrolled me
thanks a ton for the honor. i was just laughing at myself.
hey dear, dear, dear...
"campy" can 'also'mean "wildly-amusing".
well, i agree "cheesy" is usually sensed as "bawdy/coarse". But let me clarify, I meant that I found some rusticity in the way you write, the rawness of making a point, the-ha-u-see-there-it-is kinds and this is a compliment!!
So, don't stop writing, yaar, please...Your blog adds that zing in my otherwise mundane corporate life!:-)
And I also added some other words in my blog which you didn't mention - "...my daily dose of lilting poetry....uplifting, really."
But, if you insist, I'll take those two words away. ;-)
One strange observation (but not surprising). How come almost everybody thought it was a male? Should the tendency to be mean only be associated with "male-ness"?
Btw, i wouldn't be mean with someone who writes with such honesty...
(Perhaps, the only people (actually, ideology) for whom I exude natural disgust are the RSS/BDal fellows, the patriarchs and Bush's men. Nobody else is worth much disdain, because they are lost in innocent vanity or some temporary madness - which is nice and human :-))
@rohan
:-) nice to see you dropping by.
@sift
wildly amusing... now that i like!!!
thanks.
uplifting?
so are you male?
p.s. everyman thought you were a 'she'
I think sift is a male from the way he writes...i said that sift was female, just to counter everyone else :-)
This is the strangest thing someone has told about my writing. :-)))
so sure?
What if...
And - u r the most sensuous and feminine male writer i've come across, after thomas hardy, amitav ghosh, chekov and tagore...:-)
Lol sift!! I hope u dint mean me.. I love Hardy though :-D but sensuous I dont think I am!
What I've said might be strange, but is it true ?? :-D This ws based on ur comment u know..maybe u shd give me ur blog id so I can have a more detailed inspection :-)
:-) yes, I was refering to you, and i visited your blog. Such amazing photographs...if you have clicked them, it speaks a lot about you. :-)
just click on my id. If it doesn't work, visit - http://sift.wordpress.com
I don't know how much the blog speaks about me. i started it about 3 months ago and haven't posted consistently. Besides, the train of thoughts are not in any chronological order...;-)
hmpffff!!!! who is this nut who obviously did not know the meaning of campy and cheesy?????????
Post a Comment