Monday, June 04, 2007

Love and communication

Shain seems to have set off something with his MCC tag. Here I am now, MCC stories pouring out of me. It's even set the WCC stories flowing.

This one's an MCC story.

MA English First Sem class. A professor on the brink of retirement (one of the best profs ever) was keeping us occupied with a session on intonation. inflexion, expression and so on. Basically, trying to figure out whether we could communicate. He, could. And how!

POTBOR to the class in general : So, let's see, I think each of you should try and start with one sentence. Like so. (And proceeds to look deeply into the eyes of Girl1 while intoning with feeling) You have such pretty eyes.

Girl1 proceeds to blush prettily and cast her eyes down innocently.
Girls2,3&4 giggle.
Girls 5,6 & 7 smile wickedly, planning their sentences in their head. Girls 5,6 & 7 were really good girls. They just liked to be seen to be wicked.
Guys 1 through 17 snigger.

POTBOR to Girl1 : Now you try.

Girl 1: (Looking up at him shyly and innocently, intones with feeling) I love you.

Girls 2through 4 giggle. Uncontrollably.
Girls 5 through 7 gasp like idiots. This, even they would not have thought of.
Guys 1 through 17 sit up and look at Girl1 closely, as if seeing her for the first time.

POTBOR : (managing to control the blush at collar-level moves even closer, drops his voice a notch, and intones. With feeling. Oh yes, that was feeling, all right) Once more, please.

Class bursts out laughing. Girl1 blushes prettily - again - and enjoys all the attention. POTBOR smiles indulgently. And changes topic of lesson. Immediately.

Girl1 is asked out on dates by Guys 1, 5, 8, 14 and 17.

P.S. I was not Girl1.

10 comments:

Me said...

Sure, orange, sure you weren't.
We believe you (wink wink)
Love your mcc wcc stories.
Its lovely to think that the same place where the girl who wanted to die comes from has all this wonderful , lovely humour.

Anonymous said...

Lol! :) College tales = funny tales

Macabreday said...

lovely....MORE MORE MORE..!! :-)

and thanks for clarifying with the last line :)

Everyman said...

hehe..are u sure u werent Girl1?? Then which one were u???? hmmm..

And was POTBOR GKM??

Everyman said...

3inone - These MCC stories so deserve much more publicity!!! U cd bring out a book on MCC..

3inone said...

@everyone
I was NOT Girl1. I have never managed to blush prettily in my life. Blush, yes, but never prettily.
I would have loved to have been Girl1 because Guy17 was quite dishy!!!

I was Girl 5, 6 or 7.

@everyman
How do you know GKM? I thought he retired before you were born? Or definitely before you went to MCC!!!

As to whether POTBOR was GKM - heh heh heh, you'll just have to wonder, won't you?

And thank you very much kind sir, for your faith in the publishability (?) of my stories. The really really good ones cannot be published, anyways.

And excuse me, where are your MCC stories, my friends? The place cannot have changed that much in a matter of 15 years or so that you guys don't have a store of funny MCC stories too.

3inone said...

@me
thanks so much. yeah sometimes i surprise myself too:-)
Rama will tell you it just depends on which of the three is in residence.

Everyman said...

Well, GKM had retired..but not before I was born i think..

He did come visiting a couple of times..and then he would generally come to judge the poetry reading competitions..

Just wonderin whether it was him..dont think of anyone else who could have said sthing like this..and who was on the brink of retirement then :-D

3inone said...

@Shain
Yeah, I can't think of anyone else who would have said something like this either
:-)
:-)

Rama said...

i wish this ONE is in residence more often :-P