Monday, June 04, 2007

Sunday morning

i woke up
to the soft warm scent
of morning skin,
toast on a tray
crisp and buttered,
fruit preserves
and condensed milk,
too-hot coffee mugs
and toasty hands,
clotted cream pillows
and sunlit curtains,
a lazy sunday
and promises
of tangerine kisses.

7 comments:

Macabreday said...

ill eat breakfast tomorrow......after ages........you made me want to.

hillgrandmom said...

beautiful!
shades of orange are obviously your favourite:)

3inone said...

@mac
:-)
so what was for breakfast?

@hgm

thank you.
even now,if i had to pick my favourite colour, it would be a deep shade of red,almost bordering on maroon.

but yes, I find myself falling more and more in love with shades of orange. there's a warmth to the colour that appeals to me. it's passion is tempered by its happiness whereas red is as intense as it is passionate.

Am wondering whether this signifies a life change:-)

a romantic pickle! said...

lovely poem!!!!!!!! dying for hot coffee and condensed milk now!

Macabreday said...

Chocolate truffel tuxedo cake... one that i got from the restaurant yesterday..ha ha.. :)

Me said...

You know I've been meaning to leave a comment on the other blog but the story is so heart wrenching at this point, that I can't think of anythng to say.
I am glad you have the orange fling to offset the girl who wanted to die :)

3inone said...

@pickle
heh heh. no craving for jellababies?

@mac
chocolate truffle? Mmmmmm...

@me
yeah. My heart is wrenched too. I need a couple of days between each instalment to recover.