Episode 1
A couple of weeks ago.
Me. Laughing. Some people I was meeting for the first time.
Nice people. Also laughing.
Nice evening.
Suddenly, one of the nice people decides that I must see his tattoo.
No, I didn't ask to see it. No, the subject was not tattoos. Or even gorgeous arms.
No, I have no idea what made him suddenly decide that I needed to see his tattoo.
He just did.
The next thing I know, off comes his rust coloured polo neck sweater, up rolls the T-shirt sleeve and I am faced with a really cool tattoo of a fire horse on a really gorgeous bicep.
Well, let me just say I liked them both.
Episode 2
About a week later.
Me. Laughing. Again.
Some more people I was meeting for the first time.
Nice people. Again.
Lot of laughter, kidding and camaraderie. All around.
Me too.
And then, would you believe it, there's a repeat performance.
Same modus operandi. Different guy. Different sweater. Different tattoo.
Deep blue polo sweater. Bike tattoo.
Nice tattoo. Nice bicep. I liked them both. Again.
Episode 3
Tonight.
Me. Yes you got it. Laughing. As usual.
Another set of new people.
At some point, I relate to them how I have been viewing tattoos.
Everyone laughs.
Turns out my host has a collection of tattoos.
Nice ones.
On one upper arm, there's a wolf against the full moon.
On the other, there's the eye of Amun-Ra.
On his knuckles, there are the Chinese characters for Earth, Wind, Fire and Water.
And on his forearm, a koi fish.
Okay, in this case, I got to see tattoos because the subject of the conversation was tattoos.
But I tell you, I've never seen a tattoo up close till now, and then here I am, every time I meet a new group of people, I also get to meet one or more tattoos. And now I'm wondering, hoping really, when/that I'm going to come across a tattoo that's not on an arm.
As you can see, I'm beginning to like Bangalore more and more.
6 comments:
hee hee
i will show u my tattoo when i get one. but i dont have nice biceps nor do i plan to get one on my arm -- too common i think. guess u will agree :D
hehehe. i thot u were planing on gettin one? are u?
@rama
what tattoo are you getting? calvin & hobbes?
@nags
nope. me quite happy admiring tattoos on other people, especially when said people are of the opposite gender and at least borderline gorgeous.
ah! what a cool idea! imagine an exquisite hobbes on your (not arms) skin.
i have always wanted a chinese dagger. was thinking abt dragons a bit but it has become so common that i went back to the dagger
ok..ill show you mine when i see u in blore.... though my biceps are not a sight worth showing :)
lol... just kiddin.. i havent got one yet... though i badly wanna
You need to start carrying your camera around when you're going to meet these new people. I think photographs of nice tattoos and biceps would look lovely here on your blog.
;-)
It is nice to see you again. I've been away too long.
Post a Comment