Sunday, March 09, 2008

Blogpals

Sometime last month, Mac came visiting. He's the first of many blogpals I've made. We commented on each other's blog on and off, and tried to figure out why we felt like we knew each other. We didn't, actually. One day, he suddenly put two and two together, and came up with the answer. Turns out, we had both studied at MCC, albeit in different decades, and that was good enough for both of us to shift from blogpals to almost-real-life-pals. Of course, when he returned to India, we made plans to meet, and we did. Mac came over to Bangalore, along with a box of safety pins, and we met at Koshy's for a drink and dinner. Somehow, neither of us felt like we were meeting someone new. It was just two old friends catching up. We chatted about a lot of things and hope that it will be the first of many evenings of spiritual bonding. His spirit is whisky and mine's beer.
After dropping Mac off in front of Chinmaya Hospital to wait for the Jujube, I went on to meet the Poet and Calvin, both of whom I was meeting for the first time. Now since the hour was advanced, and since I had an early morning flight to catch, this meeting took place on the pavement of a Bangalore road. It lasted quite long, though, with curious rats popping out from behind a garbage can to check us out, and other curious rats stopping their bikes to check us out too.
On my way home, it struck me that I had met all the blogpals I had made when I first started posting. And three of them in the space of an hour.
I enjoyed that evening. It reminded me how much I loved blogging. I'll try to post more often.

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

:)
the rats were annoying but weren't you concerned about talking under that tree

Anonymous said...

@calvin
well, let me see, it was after midnight, it was an empty road, it had strange and curious creatures, and you expected me to be worried about a couple of coconuts?

Pam said...

It's nice to see you back, 3. For a while there whenever I came to visit, you had the door to your blog locked. I hope all is well...
:-)

amna said...

Mac told me about your meeting, and how busy you were with work :)

Anonymous said...

One thing's for sure. MCCians are like Mallus, thick as thieves with common roots littered everywhere.
The next time Mac comes (which is this Friday), we shall meet - what say? And it should be a longer meeting than the Mahalaxmi Buildings encounter ;)

3inone said...

@Pam
Nice to see ya.
@nags
yes the poor guy had to wait ages for me to get out of office.
@jim
that sounds like a great idea.

Macabreday said...

lol...seriously...felt like i was meeting an old pal. and yea, lets meet up again, this time with more people, and ifnot this friday, then any day in april :)

Me said...

I am so glad you are back :)

APUGONNAB said...

Nothing beats catching up with old friends, a drink & talk about life.. That moment is kinda overwhelming..

Keep the posts coming! Something about MCC maybe? ;-)

Everyman said...

So u met up with the rest of em
:-)) Mebbe next time, we should all meet..werent we thinkin of goa sometime last year??

Anonymous said...

I seem to be intruding on a private circle of friends. But reading all of your blogs, whenever I have spare time, that is... makes me an e-participant of your gang :-) keep up the good work.

Anonymous said...

@mac
looking forward to it.
@me
thanks. am glad you're posting regularly.
@apugonnab
oh the MCC stories, ha ha!
are you from MCC?
@shain
yes we should all do the goa trip.
who's gonna convince the monkey?
@java
nice to meet you. drop by anytime you want.

Anil P said...

Must be a revelation to see the years slip unnoticed when wavelenghts match even when one has not met the other.

prachetash said...

Hi 3inone... came across your blog through everyman's...

The first thing to strike me was the name! Your blog is indeed 'orange'.. very interesting read...

and btw, Beatles is my favourite too :)

Visit my blog, if you have some time...

Cheers

Macabreday said...

post post post post post post post post post post post post post post post post post post post post post post post post post post post post post post post post post post post post post post post post post post post post post post post post post post post post post post post post post post post post post post post post..............blah blah blah..!!

Anonymous said...

aaah sounds like fun!

I'd love to meet a lot more blogpals than I have!!!

R un in blore???

coming in two weeks!

D said...

I've been wanting to do that too - catch up with some blog pals - and your experience makes me want it even more!