It's been quite a day. It began arlier than usual since there was a Ganapati Pooja at the ofice. All of us climbed up the five flights of stairs, for once without the customary grumbling sounds. By the time I reached the second floor, it was obvious that the pooja was on full swing. I couldn't see my way up the stairs because oodles of smoke were pouring down the stairwell. My eyes were tearing and I climbed the rest of the floors hugging the side wall, hoping I wouldn't fall as I had me eyes shut tight. The pujari was deeply involved in the pooja, but the rest of the gang was loitering around the office, some of them craning their necks to stick their heads out as far as possible from the smoke-filled office. The neyyappams and the ada and the prasadam were so good, though, that even the most smoke-sensitive guy clustered around the banana leaf braving the residual smoke and the sniffles.
Since today was my first day at my new staurday job - teaching - I rushed off before the othe others. The classes were fun, and I really enjoyed myself. The first set of students were very bright, they should be, it turns out they're all rank holders from various colleges and universities. There'll be more of them in later blogs. I like teaching and would love move into full time freelancing and be a teacher.
When the afternoon class finished, I went out with a friend for a coffee. Cafe Coffee Day has never been a favourite with me, but that's where we ended up. Today, the centrepiece on each table was a lighted candle floating in a bowl of water and rose petals. And there were these guys who were very interested in the candle at our table. Towards the end we were chanting DIE DIE DIE at the candle flame. I mean - tell me how I'm supposed to react. CCD is supposed to be a place where you can sit down and have a cup of coffee in peace. With these guys there, all that happened was us being stared to pieces. We left pretty fast - almost literally ran out of the place. :-) But all in all, a nice day!!!
Since today was my first day at my new staurday job - teaching - I rushed off before the othe others. The classes were fun, and I really enjoyed myself. The first set of students were very bright, they should be, it turns out they're all rank holders from various colleges and universities. There'll be more of them in later blogs. I like teaching and would love move into full time freelancing and be a teacher.
When the afternoon class finished, I went out with a friend for a coffee. Cafe Coffee Day has never been a favourite with me, but that's where we ended up. Today, the centrepiece on each table was a lighted candle floating in a bowl of water and rose petals. And there were these guys who were very interested in the candle at our table. Towards the end we were chanting DIE DIE DIE at the candle flame. I mean - tell me how I'm supposed to react. CCD is supposed to be a place where you can sit down and have a cup of coffee in peace. With these guys there, all that happened was us being stared to pieces. We left pretty fast - almost literally ran out of the place. :-) But all in all, a nice day!!!
1 comment:
You were dealing with fire all day then ;)
CCD by the way, Is highly overrated. I was there with a few friends today, and they took about 40 minutes to bring me an Irish Coffee...the music was pathetic and it was over crowded, and the tables wernt even cleaned!
Out of curiocity, What do you teach?
Post a Comment