It's a rare blessing; to be able to live in a beautiful city. I just totally love the way you can drive through the busy city st
reets and a sudden turn from the highway takes you to quite a different world, to an idylli
c quietness, where bicycles still have right of way.
reets and a sudden turn from the highway takes you to quite a different world, to an idylli
c quietness, where bicycles still have right of way.The picture on the left is the view from my office at night. The one on the right is a quiet village on the outskirts of the city.
I'm exploring the thought of moving to another city. It's not an easy decision, but one that, for many reasons, I will have to make within the next few months.
Sometimes, I wonder why life is full of difficult decisions. The ones that make you wonder whether you're headed in the right direction. I've had to deal with quite a few of those in the recent past. And just when I thought I was safely home, it seems that change is most probably the order of the day again. When this change happens, when I have to leave my beautiful city, I just hope it turns out to be the right decision, and the right move.
3 comments:
Kochi!!! Well, yup..beautiful place..havent been there often though..just the occasional trip to buy sthin i dont get in my own town..i havent seen the quieter side of Kochi though..
As for moving, I guess we are always doing that..maybe not literally always..but change is always there..over the past 5 years i've worked in Mumbai, Blore, Delhi,Pune, Chennai and Coimbatore. There was a short phase in the first half of 2006 when i thought i was back 'home' or atleast close to it..in Trivandrum..but now look where I am !
come to chennai :)
@mac
you read my mind:-)
yeah, i love chennai too. it's my second home. keeping my fingers crossed and back in chennai in a few months. wish me luck!
@shain
the next time you're in cochin, check out the quieter places. Take a walk between rows of three to four hundred year old houses in Fort Kochi, stroll down the world's BEST spice market, drive down to the outskirts. It's a great place if you know where to look.
Post a Comment