Monday, March 05, 2007

Blowin' in the wind

I wish I could be a leaf blower.
It'd be such fun.
All those leaves, dead, almost dead or headed that way.
Life's over, they think.
And then, along comes a leaf blower which stirs up a breeze and sets them all dancing.
A final fling before the end.
If they're extra lucky I get my wish, become a leaf blower, and they have an orange fling!!

P.S. If you could be a gardening tool, what would you be?

12 comments:

Macabreday said...

and what would the leaf blower do in winter, when there are no leaves to blow? and in summer when leaves dont fall? :)

ps: I think i might wanna be a garden hose :) dont know why, but thats the first thing that came to my mind.

APUGONNAB said...

Hmmm... interesting! So, this little boy earns his pocket money by cleaning the lawn, and you get your desire fulfilled by messing it up again when u become the Leaf Blower?! :)

If i were a gardening tool.... hmm! Will get back on this..

Everyman said...

What tool would I like to be? "

The answer my friend, is blowing in the wind..the answer is blowing in the wind.."

Would a lawn mower be a tool??

3inone said...

@mac- A garden hose? That would be cool, esp in summer:)Me, I'm a leaf blower for all seasons.

@rohan -I've heard of a whipper snapper:-) Why don't you doodle a whipper snipper so I know what it lokks like!

@aparna
yeah, you got the drift. life's too short to be all neat and tidy. let the leaves dance and let little boys get additional allowances to rake them :-)

@Shain also known as rambler, photographer, lawn mower....
in my world, yes, it's a tool. are you one of those hi-tech multi-gadget lawn mowers or the old fashioned tpe?

Everyman said...

Truth be told , I hv not seen a lawn mower up close..but i just like the idea of merrily chugging along and chomping on some grass "-D

APUGONNAB said...

Hah! I figured it! I want to be those water spraying thingys in the middle of the lawn.. water sprays and does its work for the others to enjoy & at the same time let the grass grow..! OOO.. I like the water spraying thingys on the lawn..

Come to think of it, is leaf blower a tool?????

3inone said...

@aparna
Oooh... I was reading your blog and thinking that you should be a water sprinkler.

yup,it's a tool, an implement, a machine, whatever :-)

@ shain
hah! and this would be grass as gardeners understand it or as heberians understand it???

Dex said...

Leaf blower's nice. But as you have already taken that ... I think I would like to be (mmm)...
Not a spade... hate getting mucky all the time. I think I would like to be a garden hose too ... so i never have to be thirsty and don't have to run to the loo everytime i gotta ... geegah! ;)

Everyman said...

Oi! That kinda grass can't be chomped..the consequences would be disastrous!

@JJ - I bet you and Mac would enjoy bein a water hose..then you can get up close to all those women who seem to get a kick out of washing cars and enjoying a little wash themselves..soap suds and all, eh?? But then you would have to be a movable garden hose..

3inone said...

@Shain
Well, you were talking about kissing camels or something equally hilarious so pardon me for thinking you were chomping on MCC grass:-)

And excuse me - what's all this about women and soap and suds?????

@Jimmy
Just don't spring a leak!

Everyman said...

hey.."kissing camels" seems to be an ambiguous turn of phrase..I meant camels doin the kissin with OTHER camels!! not humans kissin camels!!

As for women and paraphernalia..u would have seen movies where they show u a very enticingly attractive woman in the shortest of denim shorts, with a white trasclucent shirt, washing(or apparently tryin to wash) a shiny red car..then u hear some background rock music starting, and the female stops washin the car and instead turns the hose onto herself...and then u see all the soap suds streamin down her body etc etc..u get the idea :-D

3inone said...

@Shain
Hahahahaha Yes, I get the idea.
And you better get yourself to some place where you get to - at the very least - SEE women.